Thursday, September 17, 2015

painting the imperial assault elite stormtrooper - shock trooper

So I decided since the elite figures have red cards, I would introduce red into various elite unit figures. I was watching a trailer for the upcoming star wars battlefront game, and saw the shock troopers. They are basically elite stormtroopers, with similar red paint markings to prequel era clone shock troopers. So I found some pics on the net like this one:


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHn0S8hUAAAjt--.png


and decided to try painting some figures up in that sort of style for the elite stormtroopers and elite heavy stormtroopers.

I undercoated in white, then step one was to paint in white and red


step two was to wash with black



step three was to repaint white and red, and to use a slightly brighter red for tops of boots, tops of shoulder pads, and top of head. I also ended up brushing black paint onto the gun, and a bit of metallic paint along the top of the gun. I wasn't quite sure what to do with the red on the face, so I decided to leave the main nose bit, and the eyes, in white, and surrounded it with the red.


I like how it turned out. I'm not going for display quality here, just a good tabletop playing piece quality, so I'm happy with how it looks. One figure down, now to do the other two elite stormtroopers, and then the two elite heavy troopers. Then painting the black and white regular troopers should be a bit quicker and easier.

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! Can't wait to get another chunk of time to play again, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete