Wednesday, January 12, 2011

snow plains scenery day #4

Well, it's now been 24 hours since I applied the wet glue coat. I'm pretty sure now it was wetter than it should have been. Some patches on the board are STILL wet, and I had fans on it all day yesterday, windows open to air it all night. I even waved a hairdrier over it for a fair while yesterday. Some parts are pretty dry, but still a little sticky. Other parts are completely dry and hard to the touch.

I'm wondering now if I need some spray glue, to add some gluey stickiness to the wet patches, forcing them to gum up and go solid... Not sure. I'll see how it goes over the course of the day.

Anyway, here's a couple more photos!

Put together length-ways, makes a long battlefield corridor:


however, doing it lengthways makes it pretty thin. Wide enough for a small group only:


If I did another two boards, and laid them all out in this direction, I could completely cover my table and have a 1m x 1.5m board (around 3 feet x 5 feet).

No comments:

Post a Comment