Friday, November 12, 2010

Figure-bases part 2

Well, the greenstuff seemed dry to touch, and hard, so I ended up going ahead and gluing stuff onto them instead of waiting 24 hours like I am supposed to.

I started by painting the base black, then gluing gravel in patches.


Next, I painted it all a dark brown.


Then some drybrushing


and lots of grass


Finally, onto the table to see if it blends in with the grass battle mat



I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. This is my first attempt at doing a detailed looking base for a figure, and it's okay, but I suppose I will get better at it with practice. The only problem is that the fake grass I glued onto the bases is a slightly lighter tone to the mat, so they are a little brighter, and thus, stand out a little bit more than I had hoped. However, I'm quite pleased with the absense of a visible plastic ring around the base, and quite like the look of it being flocked all the way down to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment