Monday, November 22, 2010

Acklay and Aliens game

I'm making a free miniatures survival game, where colonial marines play out different survival scenarios against hordes of aliens. I'm using Imperial Cadian Guards and two types of Tyranids from the Warhammer 40k miniatures range. Then I came across this Acklay figure while cleaning up the house. I never use it (doesn't exactly fit in with stormtrooper and rebel base fighting) and I realised that it's the same style of alien as I'm looking for, for my survival game. Sort of a Starship Troopers feel to it.

I don't have the Tyranids I'm after yet, so I thought I'd try out my idea for a sinister bug-alien paint scheme, inspired by the Aliens movies, and painted up the Acklay. I like it, so I'm going to buy some more Acklays to be a third class of alien in my survival game.

I painted it Chaos Black, then applied a wash of watered down white paint over it, then painted all the spiky bits, eyes, etc, a bone colour. I used some objects from the Warhammer 40k Basing Kit to decorate the figure's base, and glued fake grass on it.

Anyway, here's the repainted and based Star Wars "Acklay", converted into a Mauler Alien! (Lord of the Rings spearman was thrown in the photo for scale)





No comments:

Post a Comment