Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3d space station / imperial base

I've started making modular rooms that can be laid out on the reverse side of the Star Wars mini's map - the side with the empty map grid on it. The rooms can be placed in different ways, and different orientations to make maps for skirmishing.

I downloaded the walls and doors as part of a collection of star wars pdf's I found in the star wars minis forums here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/23151741/Death_Star_3d_maps?post_id=410207693#410207693

The first post links to a file that no longer exists, but further down, another guy has hosted the files. The one's I am using are the files "3D Map Elements 01" and "DS01 Walls". The walls is just a single page you print out lots of times to make walls. I cut the bottom tabs off of them, and sticky taped two walls back to back to make each length of wall, then taped them at the bottom to a square of 8x8 flooring to make my first modular room. The doorways and doors were in the Map Elements file, as well as computer consoles which I have yet to add to the room.

Anyhow, here's the first room as walls and doorways:

2 comments:

  1. Since the forums have been deleted, and we cannot access the pdfs. Can you post them here for another's use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make a new post on this blog, with a link to Death Star files.

      Delete